Sender:
Date:
Fri, 20 May 1994 11:08:47 EST
Miami will surely and sorely miss Coach Gwozdecky.  I think DU knows what
they've gained.  Any details about the contract released?  Six figures was
mentioned in the rumor mill here, which would something like double his pay
from last year.

Did anyone else get the impression that there was a defacto 1 ref in the 2 ref
system?  Most of the games I saw, either on TV or live, seemed to feature 80%
of the penalties being called by one ref, with the other ref only calling the
flagrant ones right in front of him (and somethimes not calling them!).

When the CCHA all-conference teams came out, and Lacher wasn't even given an
honorable mention, I exclaimed surprise.  I said it then and I'll say it
again:  I expect to see Lacher between the pipes of an NHL team before I see
either Buzak or Stone there.

Steve G