Sender:
From:
"T.C.A. Venkatesan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 23:55:20 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
I am back in Maine after a well-deserved (in my opinion :)) break for
a week in Michigan. And, I did have to wade through tons of articles.

1. I managed to go to a UMich game at the Yost (against Kent State) amidst
a tight schedule and I had a real good time. It was great to watch a game
without a personal stake in who wins it. I want to thank John Haeussler
for meeting with us during the game and everyone in Hockey-L for keeping
up such a great group and making this possible. This makes it all worth it.

2. I promised to myself that I'll not respond to some of the articles I
saw blaming Shawn Walsh (I even got an email from someone to that effect).
Thanks to Wayne Smith, I don't have to do that now. I just want to mention
that, in the last 4 years that I have been here, Coach Walsh has not been
associated with any wrong-doing (except for the mis-belief in the Tory
case), and I wish that people would stop making stupid and baseless
accusations. Oh well, I guess I didn't keep my promise after all.

3. And some news from the bear country: President Hutchinson has
formed a 5-point plan to take care of all the problems that the UMaine
Athletic Dept. has had:

a. Reinstate AD Mike Ploszek (starting tomorrow).
b. Appoint a full-time Compliance Officer (for one year).
c. Have a NCAA person visit UMaine in April to check on them.
d. ... (I forgot what this one was!!)
e. Dismiss Woody Carville (without any relocation within UMaine).

Cheers
Venky