Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 15:17:39 -0500
AP really screwed this one up!

UAH won the first game 5-3.
Bemidji won the second game 2-1, no overtime at all.

Then, the 20-minute "minigame"--not sudden death, just an
extra period to determine the winner.

But the minigame ended in a 1-1 tie.

So, the teams then went into a sudden-death overtime (probably
re-made the ice and put 20:00 on the clock, but not sure). Bemidji
scored first, so they are the Division II champs.

I guess you list this as Bemidji winning the series with a 2-1 (ot)
minigame victory.

AP got confused because Bemidji won 2-1 in regulation and then won
the minigame 2-1 in OT. Understandable, since I needed it explained
to me twice on the phone.

Thanks to Carl Daniels of the NCAA who promptly returned my call. See,
they are not all money-grubbing monsters over there. (^;

Keith