Sender:
From:
"T.C.A. Venkatesan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 15:59:16 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
A few thoughts to add to Mike's post:

1. If BU were to beat Maine, I think HE will have a big relief, as I
   see only minor squabbles (probably) after that, this season. If,
   Maine were to upset BU this weekend, then, in all likelyhood, all
   hell will break loose in HE.

2. Whatever the result of this situation, it seems to me that bad blood
   has been created between Maine and HE. Perhaps, Maine should consider
   moving out of HE to ECAC. May be as someone suggested, Maine and RPI
   could switch places.

3. And if this was HE's decision, why did they wait till after the
   NCAA decision? They could have sent a message to Maine (whatever
   that means) as well as to the NCAA, before. By waiting till the NCAA
   decision, they gave Maine another leg to stand on in their case and
   confuse things further.

4. Personally, I wish Maine hadn't gone to court on this issue. But, it's
   done and I do hope this thing is decided cleanly on the ice. Then, given
   how the whole issue has been handled so far ...... who knows?

Cheers
Venky

ps: I'm off to Michigan, where I hope to catch the wolverines in action.
It'll be interesting to read Hockey-L when I get back next week, after
this wild weekend to come.