Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 1994 13:34:37 -0500
It seems as though Ferris was the team that everyone wanted to avoid
this year. Last week the coaches filled out a form, indicating what
they would do if they had to choose UAF or each of the other teams
from the lower half of the league. Bascially, everyone indicated they
would not select UAF over UND, UIC, OSU and KSU, but they would choose
UAF over Ferris.

So, by finishing 6th and not having any choice, BG gets "stuck" with
Ferris State. BG went 2-1 vs them, with a win in Big Rapids and a split
in BG. Miami went 1-2 vs FSU (win at home, swept on the road), so you can
see why they may have wanted to see UAF instead.

With Ferris's big win over Michigan, you have to be a little scared of
the Bulldogs. But then this is also the same team that gave up 8 goals
to Notre Dame, a team that does "not score 8 goals in practice".

The word we got in the Notre Dame pressbox last night was that FSU's
star defenseman John Gruden separated his shoulder and may be out for the
season. We will have to see, but Gruden's loss would be a key factor
in Ferris's play in the play-offs.

Finally, as a BG fan I am a little disappointed in the Falcon's finish
to the regular season, but they have home ice for the first time in
forever, so I am still expecting big things from them this weekend.

Keith