MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Norman, Melora" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norman, Melora
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:48:51 -0400
Dear CSLP Maine participants:

Participants in the Collaborative Summer Reading Program, please note
the following important information about CSLP incentives.

Highsmith, the exclusive vendor for the Collaborative Summer Library
Program (CSLP), tells us it recently learned that a sample of Bendable
Cat and Dog toys distributed by the company had lead content in excess
of the maximum allowable by current federal regulations.

Highsmith states that it will issue a credit or refund for all sales of
this product. Customers should call 1-800-448-4887 to arrange for their
credit or refund or to return product.

Maine State Library Outreach recommends that libraries request the
return of the bendables to comply with the recall initiated by
Highsmith.

http://www.cpsc.gov/BUSINFO/leadguid.html or
http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/publications/PrevLeadPoisoning.pdf

Questions about the recall may be directed to Matt Mulder, Director,
Highsmith Publications at [log in to unmask] or (920) 563-9571 x381.

I have a list of all Maine libraries that purchased these toys; I will
be contacting you directly.

Many thanks for your attention to this important matter.  Please feel
free to call or email me if you wish.

Best wishes,

Melora

Melora Ranney Norman, outreach coordinator
Maine State Library
LMA Cultural Bldg., SHS 64
Augusta, ME 04333
(207) 287-5653