From:
Glen Keeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 1994 22:04:45 EST
  Western Michigan won over Notre
Dame, but I don't have a final score and won't post a partial so as
not to confuse the issue.

  Lake Superior  11  Michigan State 1

  LSSU was up by 3 after 5:04 of the first period and ahead at the end
of 1 by 5-0 on two goals by Strachan and 3 by Kurt Miller (Miller got
a fourth goal at 1:10 of the third.  It was 7-1 at the end of 2.  I don't
know the final shot total but near the end of the game it was in the
40-20 range.

  Someone asked about LSSU problems - from listening to the game it sounds
multi-dimensional - while Lacher did his job, sounded like they would have
won without him, so someone else has been dragging anchor, not just
Lacher's illness.

  The clinches Michigan's CCHA Championship and tightens the race for 2-5.

  At the end of 2, Kent was leading Bowling Green by 1 and Ill-Chi was up
by 3 at Miami.