From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1993 22:03:05 EDT
Bob Gilreath writes:
>Boston Native and MTU assistant coach Mark Leach has accepted a similar
>position at Boston College.
>He cited that BC draws most of its
>players from the Boston area and he won't have to be on the road so much,
>allowing him to see the team play and get invoilved in on ice situations.

This sounds like a BRILLIANT move by BC.  I don't know anything about
Leach, but I'd bet one of the reasons BC was interested in him was because
he has experience recruiting in Canada, and BC as we know is starting to
make moves to attract more Canadian players to the school.

It also means he may not spend as much time at home as the above suggests,
if BC is going to want him to go after kids up north!  Though, I expect BC
will still concentrate on local players and he will therefore be able to be
as involved as he would like.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
alternate address days: [log in to unmask]             *HMN*  11/13/93
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)