From:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy D Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1993 19:57:34 -0500
I'd like to thank Tim Weiss for filling in the name of the AD here at PSU
(OK, so I forgot who Jim Tarman was).  But for some reason, I got the
impression that JoePa was also against Ice Hockey.  If this isn't true, maybe
someone should get him to use a little of his "influence" :^)

I can't see why Tarman would be so against Ice Hockey though (what did it
ever do to him? :^)

As for the false wall in the Ice Pavilion...supposedly, when the whole
Greenberg Sports Complex was built, the Ice Pavilion was supposed to have
seats completely surrounding the ice surface, but the project was scaled back.
It was also supposed to have a higher ceiling than it does now, but I
understand that the reason that's so low has to do with the *football offices*
above the rink.  Of course, once that Jordan Center gets built, they could
probably move some of the offices into it, thus allowing the Ice Pavilion
to expand...I'll look into the "false wall" theory though....

 *       Jeremy Hall          [log in to unmask]          Penn State Univ.     *
 *                CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS:  1991 ECAC CHAMPIONS              *
 *                              PENN STATE ICERS:                            *
 *      1992-93 ATLANTIC COLLEGIATE HOCKEY LEAGUE REGULAR SEASON CHAMPS      *
 *                      1993 ACHL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS                       *
 *     LET'S GO TECH!!!!                                LET'S GO ICERS!!     *