R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1992 15:42:01 EDT
I posted recently that last year, season tix at OSU only cost $34 for 17 games.
The procedure for getting them is fairly minimal as well.  One merely shows up
to the ticket office in St. John's Arena, fills out a form, pays the money, and
picks up the tickets in a few weeks.  No numbers, no lines, no hassel.  I
actually kind of miss the yearly waiting game to see how and when Cornell will
handle it this time.  The constant vigil over the Sun and trying to get info
from contacts within the athletic department so that we could be the first on
the scene when the time came.

On the other hand, one will never get trampled trying to get season tickets for
the Buckeyes.  Despite a seating capacity of only 1450, the Ice Rink never
comes close to selling out its alotment of season tickets, and thus, there is
no special procedure or policy governing distribution...which is a good thing
because the priority system in place for basketball and football penalizes
graduate/professional students.

The priority is as follows:
1. Seniors
2. Juniors
3. Sophomores
4. Freshman
5. Grads

Transfers may have their own category for their first year being below freshman
and above grads, but I can't remember.  Nonetheless, if you are a grad student,
you have no hope of ever improving your lot in life, even if you went here for
undergrad.  Cornell's use of matriculation date is a much more equitable
system.

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95