From:
Paul Marchant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Marchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1992 14:33:43 EDT
   "About 1,800 sets of $48 tickets remain on sale for the 1993 NCAA Ice Hockey
    Championships on April 1 and 3 at the Bradley Center. With the exception of
    a few obstructed view seats ( the ones behind railings in the upper level),
    all of the $60 tickets have been sold."

>>How many tickets are reserved for the participating schools ????

>>For those interested the $48 sets are in the upper deck rows 7 and up. These
>>are not bad seats. Actually, IMHO, the worst seats for hockey are rows 3-6 in
>>the lower level. Because of the slope of the seats you can only see 60-70% of
>>the ice surface and it's difficult to see the replay screen because of the
>>glare and angles.

>>I have been meaning to respond to the numerous complaints about the ticket
>>priorities at this event. Keep in mind that Milwaukee has one of the finest
>>hockey facilities in North America and has only a minor league hockey team
>>to show for it. The hockey fans in this town welcome any chance to see
>>hockey and a number of people and corporations have worked hard to bring this
>>to Milwaukee. This include the people that every year buy the tickets for
>>the Badger Showdown showing the support Milwaukee has for hockey. I think
>>that these people deserve the opportunity to get back something for this
>>support and if giving them priority on tickets for a premier event like the
>>phinal four then so be it. Is not one of the ideas behind the regional sites
>>for the NC$$ to expose college hockey to more than just the college student or
>>the die hard fan ??

>>Phil (Chalkman)

Phil, who do you think is buying up those tickets? college students(some)
and die hard hockey fans. The potential fan they are trying to reach
wouldn't buy his/her ticket to close to the event. The majority of people
buying hockey tickets in May, June, and July have got to be fans of the
game already. So, this does not support the NC$$ idea of regional sites.
It does demonstrate that the Milwakee area is a hockey crazed town.

Paul Marchant