From:
"Ryan G. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1992 19:45:46 -0500
I believe that Intentional Offsides occurs when an attack player dumps the puck
into his offensive zone when 1 or more players are deeper into the zone than
the top of the face-off circles. (KENNY Z probably has the exact wording.)

By that definition, however, it was correctly called in Providence this weekend.
I don't recall it being called that way this season in any of the EASTERN games
I attended this year, however.  It was only called a select few number of times
and in generally EXTREME infractions, such as a man in the corner.  Furthermore,
IMO, the officiating on Saturday was NOT bad and did notcome close to making a
difference in either game.

WAY OFF THE SUBJECT:
	It did seem as though the teams, Maine in particular were having
problems with the, unusually(?), short glass in the Civic Center, and many
pucks went flying into the lower level.  Many pucks which would have stayed in
play almost anywhere else, hit the top othe glass and bounced out.

-Ryan Stone
 Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) '93
 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute '93

| RYAN G. STONE                    | | "In the Beginning, there was a Great |
| 218 North Hall, R.P.I.           | |  Void.  Then God said 'Let there be  |
| Troy, NY   12180-3590            | |  Light!'  There was still a Great    |
| (518) 276-7230                   | |  Void, but at least He could see it."|
| e-mail: [log in to unmask]          | |                   -Source Unknown    |