From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:58:18 -0500
This is from the FAQ attached to the online ticket application. The caps are
theirs.

The NCAA uses a ticket application process that was implemented with the
2002 NCAA Men's Frozen Four at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul,
Minnesota. The intent of the process is to reward previous ticket purchasers
by awarding priority status to qualifying individuals.

NOTE: DUE TO THE ANTICIPATED VOLUME OF TICKET APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2010
MEN'S FROZEN FOUR IN DETROIT, ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS WHO ARE CURRENTLY IN THE
DATABASE AS PRIORITY TICKET HOLDERS WILL RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THE EVENT, IF
THEIR APPLICATION IS ACCEPTED FOR TICKETS. THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE
APPLYING FOR THE FIRST TIME OR RECEIVE TICKETS FOR THE FIRST TIME WILL NOT
BE ADDED TO THE DATABASE OR GIVEN CREDIT FOR THE 2010 EVENT.

As I read this, if you're already in the system up to the 2009 Frozen Four,
then 2010 would count as normal. However, anyone going for the first time in
2010 would not get priority status for 2011 and beyond. (Nor would anyone
buying tickets directly from Ford Field. That is stated at the end of their
FAQ.)

Presumably, anyone giving 2010 a miss would have their current number (i.e.
including the 2009 FF) remain unchanged. In relative terms, it may cause a
change in priority, someone who would be a 10 for 2010 would be joined by
anyone who was a 9 after 2009, but went to Detroit.

I'm not sure how relevant that is, since I don't know how many people -
particularly how many priority customers - actually lose the lottery. I had
no problem getting in for the first time at St. Louis.

John

--
John Edwards
I used to put quotes here.