From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:05:05 -0400
I was hoping to see some impressions of the Michigan-Niagara game.  This
is the first college game I've attended since the NCAA championship in
Columbus and I don't trust my impressions.  I merely thought Michigan
played safely and patiently, not particularly aggressively, with the
understanding that not making mistakes over 60 minutes would bring a win
based on having better horses and depth.  That pretty much worked and
Niagara's only goal with about 4 minutes left came on the type of chance
opportunity that should statistically occur once or twice in a game, but
not often enough to beat the top seed.

Niagara had outshot Michigan by 4-2 in the first 16-minutes.  Midway
through the second period, shots were 19-4 in Michigan's favor.  The
Wolverine's second goal (Kevin Porter's first of four) was a beauty.
Michigan's two misses on an open net before Porter stole the puck and
bagged his fourth were not.

It'll be interesting to see whether Michigan's style is different
against Clarkson tonight.

Bob Griebel