From:
NE Hampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:31:32 -0500
Derrick Sheppard is a perfect example of the Peter Principle (which says
people are promoted until they reach a level of incompetence), if not also
of why there are laws against nepotism. Either the dad should have resigned
from a position where he must discipline and make decisions regarding the
son's competence or the son should have resigned to avoid being put in that
position. Derrick was irritating as a linesman, but as a referee he is way
out of league despite the ability of Greg to say he is qualified and to get
him accepted at the level of a nationally qualified head ref. He is forever
out of position because of his lineman-trained positioning along the boards.
However, someone might acquiesce to saying he is one of the best in the
WCHA, because there is not a good one in the whole brood. (Was it Anderson
who was chased out of the WCHA tournament games in Duluth in mid-tournament
a number of years ago requiring the referee in St. Cloud to go up there in
exchange). After watching these guys for twenty years, I wonder what
reputation exists to be smeared? If someone claims a reputation exists in
order for it to be smeared, I would like to see them prove that exists
firsts.

Nathan Hampton