From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 00:31:52 -0400
This years contest is over for me.  All I do is plug in numbers and sort at
the end.  So I started to think about what I might do for next year to
change the contests a bit.
I thought I might throw some ideas out there before the finals are over
since some people unsubscribe during the off season.
Here's what I came up with so far.  Any comments are appreciated.  You can
either reply to me personally or to the list.

1) require contestants to specify scores for all games
2) no longer require contestants to add up total goals.  If the scores are
there, the spreadsheet can do the sums
3) have contestants specify the number of tiebreakers for each of the
regionals as well as the phrozen phour
4) run a fourth contest, similar to contest 1 except that all games will be
worth the same number of points
5) run 5 sets of contests; one for each of the 4 regionals and one for the
whole tournament
6) If I'm really nuts, run contests just for the nationals; people who had
entries for the tournament would be able to submit new entries after the
regionals weekend so there would be a sixth contest that just included the
phrozen phour

or maybe I'll just get a life and drop the whole thing.

Any comments are appreciated but no commitments are being made.
I did consider putting up a website where people could post their own
entries so I wouldn't have to cut and paste contest entries.  But my ISP
doesn't allow interactive websites and I decided against getting into the
whole website scene.