From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 18:53:19 -0500
Charlie Shub wrote:
> my outdoor thermometer says about 14 degrees. the 8 foot drift outside
> my family room is down to about 4.  my street still has packed snow
> and ruts.

In NYC, "It's a GREAT day for hockey!!!!"   . . . very much like that
day of the NCAA final in Columbus or any summer day in New York when
discarded Christmas trees blow all over the streets. The temperature
just grazed 70 in Central Park.

I peddled past a cruise ship at the foot of 50th Street, probably
delivering snowbirds to enjoy our First Annual New Year's Pear Blossom
Festival.  (Festival theme: "Ablaze in January, Dead by March")
Nonflowering trees have also been budding on my street all week.  Last
winter, Central Park set a record for its heaviest snowfall within 24
hours.  This winter, it's a tropical paradise.  All that, thanks to the
generosity of Coloradoans who insisted on hosting winter.

Who's bidding to host next winter?

Bob G