From:
Kirk Eisenbeis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:49:30 -0400
For those that follow the ongoing issue, this was reported yesterday:

University of North Dakota: Sioux tribes support nickname
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/14443237.htm

UND's release closed with, "Since we have permission to represent the
Sioux name from both Sioux Tribes based in North Dakota, we expect
that we will receive the same exemption granted to other universities
having the permission of namesake tribes."
http://www.und.edu/news/NEW_SCRIPTS/newsrelease.jsp?id=1792

Kirk Eisenbeis