From:
Linda Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:00:04 -0500
BC handles most post-season (and Beanpot, for that matter) tickets at
neutral sites by a priority system, which rewards those hockey season
ticket holders who also donate to the general BC sports program (thought
the Flynn Fund, named after the former AD William Flynn) with first shot
of their ticket allotment for an event.  Second priority goes to hockey
season ticket holders who don't donate to the Flynn Fund (like Rick and
I).  If there are any tickets left, they are released to the general
public. Also, I believe there are a limited number of tickets set aside
for current students; those are allocated by a separate lottery.

As far as home first-round HEA tournament games, BC season ticket
holders have a limited amount of time to reserve their regular season
ticket seat.  If the ticket office doesn't hear from them, the seats are
released for public sale. It sounds like UNH does it the same way.

Unfortunately, these tournaments only allocate a certain number of
tickets to the participating schools, and, at least in the case of UNH
and BC, there are not enough tickets allocated to the schools to satisfy
all the season ticket holders. I have a feeling that when BU opens it's
new arena next year, they may run into the same situation that UNH, BC
and many other schools have now.