From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:18:26 -0800
Hello All,

Just one more note about hockey-L history/nostalgia from the early 60s
(I dont have a beard, but my mustache is grey), I recall subscribing to
Don's newsletter roughly from 1980 thru 1990 or so. I have the full year
of the RPI run to the title and still get chills reading it. I had no
idea Bob Stagat was involved in that, in fact, I used to wonder how Don
was able to get all this info when no one else seemed to be able to. I
guess it was folks like Bob. It was a great source of info before the
advent of serious online information.

Yes, Bob, I recall Hollerith cards very vividly. One typo and you tossed
it. If you missed it, your output on Monday morning was zilch. :-) Lots
of fun.  64k machines taking up huge rooms. And tubes instead of
transistors. Wow.

And, yes, I believe hockey-L has not only created some marriages, but
also put old friends back in touch!

Long live hockey-L!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64, U of Ill '66 and '69