From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:59:54 -0500
My allegiances:

1) Union.

2) Whoever is playing someone near Union in the standings.

3) Whoever is playing RPI (despite spending more time there as a grad
   student than I had spent at Union).

4) ECAC teams in non-league games.

5) When attending playoffs and I can't decide who I want to win, I am
   for the team trailing, hoping for some overtime.  Especially in
   championship games.

I have been a Union fan since the Division III days (the 4-3 OT win
over RPI on 11/6/88, to be exact -- I'll really start to feel old when
I see players on the rosters born after I started going to games...not
far off I'm afraid) and have been there since the beginning of the
Division I era, which started my senior year.  I had student season
tickets in college and I've been in 3-7-5 at Achilles since 1993-94.

I'm almost sure I signed up for this list back when it was
College_Hockey on the UMNEWS system, in the days of BITNET, and signed
up for the current list as soon as it was formed.  I own a HOCKEY-L
T-shirt and I think my set of HOCKEY-L buttons is complete.  I've met
several list members over the years at Frozen Fours and other places.

I posted my own game summaries and box scores for Union games for over
a decade, but now tend to send things only to the Union Hockey mailing
list, and then it's usually just links to Ken Schott's columns and
game writeups in the Schenectady Gazette with maybe a few of my own
comments.  Seeing that so many people remain here on HOCKEY-L, I think
maybe I should have still been copying those notes here.  Message
boards are too noisy for me, so I'm glad HOCKEY-L is alive an well.

I really enjoy going to road games, starting with a trip to Clinton,
NY, to see Union play old rival Hamilton while in college.  Since
then, I've gone on to see games at 9 of 12 ECAC rinks, and several
others, mostly for Union road games.  In the postseason, I get to the
ECACs every year (Albany is fine, but I miss Lake Placid), hoping that
each year will be the year that I see my team out there.  I also go to
the NCAA regionals and Frozen Four whenever possible.  I'm definitely
looking forward to Albany next weekend and Boston next month.  My team
won't be there, but it's always a great time and a great way to get
away from the orange, squeaky hype on every sports channel this time
of year.

--
Jim Teresco - [log in to unmask]
http://www.teresco.org