From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:56:19 -0500

 From someone who was also there, and in our 40's, WE were offended as
well.   One wonders how they can cultivate a fan base, especially with
families (for which college prices are so much more attractive than for pro
games) when the students engage in trashmouth behaviour.

Maybe if they brought their band, and cut back on over-amplified dreadful
rap music, the school could attempt to promote more civilized conduct.

There's NO need for anyone to pay to sit there and take that, and be forced
to sit near it as well.  We went over to the low-letter sections across the
rink in the second period of both games after the seating monitors gave up
the ticket checking at entrances on that side.  "holding the seats for
season ticket holders", they said...yeah, right....what, all hundred of them.

Wondering if there is a correlation between schools with high-rises and
boorish student behaviour ?

Dan

Holly wrote:
It is nice to see UMass getting a bit of a boost.  Being in UMass
territory now, I went to the game against Maine (the one that Maine
unfortunately lost) and was pleased to see that they were running an
organized promotion with the students.  It seemed that there were many
more students there than the year before.  However, I just wish they
would clean up their chants and cheers, which are quite obnoxious and
not for delicate ears (even my 26 year old ears were a bit offended).
Then again, I am quite the fish out of water there anyhow.