Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:52:25 EST
Interesting, but until the season ends, we will just have to wait and see.
The biggest issue I see is that the WCHA first round is going to pit two of
the possible tourney teams against each other, which probably will eliminate
one of them, opening the door to Providence (if they can beat BU in the HE
first round series), or Harvard, which may benefit by winning a few games in
the ECAC tourney (admittedly against lower teams, but wins are still better
than losses).  Of course an upset win by a non-qualifier in HE or WCHA
(unlikely), CCHA (certainly possible with the teams with PWR between 15 and
20), or the ECAC (anyone but Cornell, so there will be at least one upset
possible even on Championship weekend) could make the battle for #14
irrelevant.

On another note, what is with the pollsters?  Cornell wins two game by 5-0
and 3-1, CC does not play, and two voters change their fist place votes to
CC?  What did the RED do to change your mind?  Fortunately, the poll is only
about ceramic Dalmatians (Boy, am I getting old!), not anything that really
matters.

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'94
Let's Go RED!!!