Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 15:18:47 -0700
Canada again excelled in all phases of the game as they beat the Czech
Republic 4-0 today in Halifax.  Scoring was as follows:

First Period

Upshall (2) (Wellwood, Colaiacovo) 18:34

Second Period

Tootoo (1) (McClement, Woywitka) 4:33
Wellwood (1) (Upshall) 12:12

Third Period

Parenteau (2) (White, Laich) 7:48

Nine different players have scored for Canada in two games which I guess
qualifies as balenced scoring :-)

The highlight reel goal was by Wellwood who skated around a Czech player
who tripped him and as he was falling he roofed the puck over the Czech
goaltender.

Speaking of goaltenders, Fleury was excellent and deserved his shutout
having made some nice saves.  There is a good chance he'll be rested for
the third game in four days tomorrow against Germany which would provide
Cornell's David LeNeveau a chance to play.

As I write this BU is ahead of MSU 5-1 and the USA is leading Switzerland
2-1 going into the third period.  Everyone south of the border should be
pleased by the latter news at least.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC
GO CANADA!!! GO BU!!! GO GIANTS!!!