Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 13:46:41 -0600
On 17 Mar 2002, at 12:46, Mark Lagasse wrote:

> UNH can't go west!!! They are not just a #1 seed they are the #1 seed.
> The seedings start with them and goes accordingly.  The only bye teams
> that should move are the two #2's so they can get the 1-4, 2-3 match
> up in the FF. There is no way UNH gets sent west.

No, that's not where the seedings start.  They start with BU and
Michigan are the hosts, and will not be sent out of their regionals.

If BU is seeded fourth (as will be the case if Michigan wins today),
this creates a conflict, since the only way to get a 1-4, 2-3
matchup in the Frozen Four with the usual brackets is to send
UNH west.  The alternatives are to alter the brackets (pair the two
eastern and two western bye teams in the semifinals) or alter the
seedings (turn BU into a #3 seed so that both they and UNH may
stay east).

Given that UNH is the #1 overall, I am personally partial to one of
alternative solutions so that the Wildcats don't go west, but I do
think it's a possibility.

--
 Craig Powers                   NU ChE class of '98
 [log in to unmask]       http://lynx.neu.edu/home/httpd/c/cpowers

"Good..bad....I'm the guy with the gun." -- "Ash" in *Army of Darkness*