From:
Craig Cheslog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 1992 19:10:57 -0500
   At Dayton Arena in Brunswick, Maine, the Bowdoin Polar Bears scored five
unanswered goals in the second period, turning a 2-1 deficit into a 6-2 lead,
and coasted to a 7-3 victory over A.I.C. in ECAC East hockey action Saturday
afternoon.  Bowdoin improves to 10-5 overall, 9-4 in the league.  The visiting
Yellowjackets fell to 7-12-1, 6-10-1 in league play.
   After an initial three minutes of pressure by Bowdoin failed to yield any
goals, the rest of the first period was evenly played.  A.I.C. scored first
on an Erik Forselius tally, followed 1:18 later by a Joe Gaffney power-play
goal.  After Sean Cornelow scored to give A.I.C. a 2-1 lead, Bowdoin went
on an offensive tear in the second half of the second period.  Steve Kashian
scored a power-play goal at 10:41 and Chris Delaney notched the game-winning
goal 23 seconds later with great individual stick handling from the blue
line and a quick wrist shot from the right circle.  Marcello Gentile, Chris
Coutu, and Peter Kravchuk (scoring Bowdoin's third power-play goal) put
the game out of reach.
    A.I.C. missed a big opportunity in the third period when Tom O'Brien
was hauled down on a breakaway by Tim Bourgeois and awarded a penalty shot.
But Bowdoin netminder Tom Sablak was up to the challenge, and O'Brien's shot
was steered wide.

GAME SUMMARY

A.I.C. (7-12-1)   1   1   1   -   3
Bowdoin (10-5)    1   5   1   -   7

FIRST PERIOD
A - Erik Forselius (Tom O'Brien, Mike Audy) 13:39
B - Joe Gaffney (Peter Kravchuk, Charlie Gaffney) 15:57 (pp 5-on-3)

	PENALTIES
	B - Jason Fowler (hooking) 3:58
	B - Mike Kahler (cross-checking) 9:58
	A - Jeff Paolini (tripping) 15:15
	A - Dave Nadeau (hitting from behind) 15:15
	A - Mike Hall (hooking) 18:00
	B - Paul Croteau (high-sticking) 18:54

SECOND PERIOD
A - Sean Cornelow (Jay Johnson) 8:35
B - Steve Kashian (Torey Lomenda, Derek Richard) 10:41 (pp)
B - Chris Delaney (Mike Kahler, Chris Coutu) 11:04
B - Marcello Gentile (Jim Klapman, Joe Gaffney) 15:53
B - Chris Coutu (Mike Kahler, Chris Delaney) 16:28
B - Peter Kravchuk (Joe Gaffney, Charlie Gaffney) 19:08 (pp)

	PENALTIES
	B - Marcello Gentile (hooking) 6:12
	A - Erik Forselius (interference) 9:10
	A - Scott Nelson (hooking) 13:50
	A - Kevin Daly (hitting from behind) 18:20

THIRD PERIOD
A - Tom O'Brien (Joe Lacroix, Mike Rood) 0:14
B - Jason Fowler (Mike Pendy, Brad Jenkins) 10:07

	PENALTIES
	B - Mike Kahler (cross-checking) 2:35
	B - Chris Coutu (tripping) 4:37
	B - Tim Bourgeois (tripping - penalty shot fails) 8:09
	B - Paul Croteau (holding) 12:25

SHOTS ON GOAL:
A.I.C.     9    5    7   =  21
Bowdoin    9   21    9   =  39

SAVES: Bowdoin, Tom Sablak 18; Shane McConnell (40 minutes) 24, Shawn
       Arcidicano (20 minutes) 8.
POWER PLAY:  Bowdoin 3 for 6; A.I.C. 0 for 7.
PENALTY SHOT:  O'Brien, A.I.C., shot failed at 8:09 third period

Unfortunately, it was a real sloppy game :-(

Craig Cheslog
Bowdoin '93
GO U BEARS!