From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 1992 13:43:20 EST
Some Friday CCHA scores.

OSU 5 Bowling Green 4 (OT)
Michigan 4 Lake Superior 3
W. Michigan 4 Miami 1
Ferris St. 4 Notre Dame 0
(MSU at UIC not done in time for Columbus's morning paper)

At Bowling Green last night, Ohio State got some revenge for an earlier 6-5
overtime loss at the BGSU rink.  OSU had led in that game 5-0 midway through
the second period and allowed BGSU to score 6 unanswered goals in a fairly
monumental collapse.

Apparently, no one collapsed last night and from the way it looks in the box
score, it may have been a fairly even game.  Everyone's favorite OSU goon and
my namesake, Dave Smith, scored the equalizer at 9:56 of the third period.
Scott Walsh scored the game-winner at 1:03 in the OT to win it for the
Buckeyes.  The win ties OSU and BGSU at 11 points each for that coveted 8th
playoff spot in the 9-team CCHA.  BGSU has a game in hand though.

At Bowling Green:

      1  2  3  OT--T
OSU   1  2  1  1 --5
BGSU  1  3  0  0 --4

Scoring:
FIRST PERIOD
1. OSU White (Green, Loney) 8:41
2. BGSU Bylsma (Solly, Harkins) 15:42

SECOND PERIOD
3. BGSU Bylsma (Solly, Harkins) 6:38
4. OSU Walsh (D.Smith, Richards) 9:43 (pp)
5. BGSU Green (Wells, Carper) 14:18 (pp)
6. OSU Merriman (Choi) 14:43
7. BGSU Carper 17:18

THIRD PERIOD
8. OSU D. Smith (Loney) 9:56

OVERTIME
9. OSU Walsh (Schriner, Cadman) 1:03

SHOTS
      1   2   3   OT--T
OSU   4  12  10   2 --28
BGSU  11 10   9   1 --31

GOALIES

OSU, Bales (31 shots, 27 saves)
BGSU, Clarke (28 shots, 23 saves)

A-4,090

The two teams play again tonight at the OSU Ice Rink at 7:30.  Keith and Karin
Instone, Pat Fleming, and myself will be meeting at the Varsity Club here
before the game.  Looking forward to an interesting battle tonight at the rink.

CORNELL TRIVIA NOTE

Many of you may know this, but I just found this out recently.  Doug Dadswell,
the goaltender for Cornell who mde those 52 saves in the 1986 RPI game with
that strange goal (and who went on to make about 110 saves while giving up only
3 or 4 goals--can't remember exactly-- in the ECAC semis and finals that year
to give Cornell the ECAC title) is currently playing for the Cincinnati
Cyclones of the ECHL minor league hockey system.  I don't know who the Cyclones
are affiliated with, but Dadswell had 34 saves on 36 shots in a 7-2 win over
the Columbus Chill last night.

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95