From:
Steven Bartley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 22:42:30 EST
Michigan won 4 - 2.  The game ended about an hour and half ago so I haven't
had that long to "think" about things, but the game never seemed that close.
Michigan seemed to control the play the whole game.  Turco played another
outstanding game in the net.  Hoey (NMU) seemed to get rattled by the action
and the crowd, like he was mad at something or somebody all night long.
Merrick ran Hoey early in the game so maybe that was it.  Red keeps shifting
lines around so it's hard to figure out what he's thinking at this time of the
season.  Muckalt scored another goal (I don't think he got any assists so it
was "only" a 4 point weekend for him).  Langfeld, Berenzweig, and ?? also
scored for UM.  Steffi Graff was the ref and did a reasonable job though he
seemed to call a couple of questionable ones.  I guess tackling is now allowed
in the CCHA as long as no one gets hurt.

UM is not know to be brute of a team but more than any other game this season,
I saw UM players able to push their way around the puck (push NMU away from
the puck).

By the way, UM has a brand new all white Zamboni with less than 6 hours use on
it to replace Friday night's busted one - I thought everyone would really want
to know about this.

Steve