From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:55:31 -0500
On Mar 3, 13:47, Howard Quimby wrote:
>> We now know four things for
>> certain about the national tournament: North Dakota, Michigan,
>> Clarkson and Boston University will be in it, having won their
>> respective conferences' regular seasons.
>
>Where BU and UNH *both* won the Hockey East regular season, is the above
>statement correct?  I know Hockey East considers the two teams to be regular
>season co-champions, but does BU get the automatic bid by virtue of the head-
>to-head tie-breaker or are both teams awarded a bid?

I asked a similar question last week, and the answer was that the #1 seed (BU)
gets the auto bid.

>There also seems to be some confusion around UNH conerning the NCAA bye.  Is
>it correct that the team that wins both the regular season and the league
>tournament is awarded a bye?

No, that is not correct (unless things have changed for this year).  Byes, as
far as I know, are determined by the PWR rankings, nothing more.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"I believe Marcel Marceau said it best."
-- Madeline Kahn, "Cosby"