From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 11:56:48 -0500
On Mar 3,  9:57, "Greg R. Berge" wrote:
>For that matter, in the 1988 season the WCHA had 35 conference games in an
>8 team league -- i.e., 5x each (assuming it was balanced).  North Dakota
>and Michigan Tech played a 3 game playoff, so that's 8 meetings right
>there.

In 1988, the WCHA still had their interlocking schedule with Hockey East, in
which interconference games counted in the standings for both leagues.  That
year, each team played all the teams in the other league once, so seven of the
WCHA's 35 "conference" games were actually against HE opponents, and North
Dakota and Michigan Tech would have met seven times that year.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"I believe Marcel Marceau said it best."
-- Madeline Kahn, "Cosby"