From:
Boyd Edmiston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 May 1996 07:01:51 CST
Just a note to introduce myself and sign-on to the list.  Yes, we play and love
hockey down here in the South.  The University of Alabama, Huntsville (UAH) won
their first NCAA Division II Hockey Championship this year and all of our
buttons are about to burst off of our shirts. I am not officially connected to
the team other than being an Off-Ice Official, but if you have any questions
about our team, or amateur hockey programs which are trying to output college-
level skaters, I will be happy to update you on who, what and where we are going
down here below the Mason-Dixon line.  I also am interested in the Women's side
of college hockey since I have a rather serious daughter skater who wants to
measure her skating against other Senior HS female skaters and I have no idea as
to which summer program might be the best avenue for her to evaluate the
potential of moving up into the college arena.  We also have the Huntsville
Channel Cats, Southern Hockey League Inaugural year Champions, a new minor
hockey league that my wife works for as office manager. They are looking for
young skaters interested in playing down here in the sunny south and eager for a
championship ring.  Great owner and super coach.  So as you can see, we have a
varied hockey program going on down here. Hope to learn a lot from this listing
on college hockey.
Thanks
Boyd Edmiston