From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 15:41:51 EST
>Posted on 26 Mar 1996 at 13:08:18 by Deron Treadwell
>
>I can 100 PERCENT agree with Mike that Frank Cole, Drew Taylor and Bill
>Jones are the best officials I've seen in recent years.  Granted I don't get
>a lot of chances to see CCHA and WCHA officials, but certainly of all the
>ECAC and HE officials these guys are the cream of the crop.

Rob Hearn is also a very good official (ECAC).

>I can't speak
>for others, but when I see Cole/Taylor come onto the ice, I feel comfortable
>that the game will be well officiated for the most part.

I'd like to second Deron's comment about Frank Cole. When I saw Cole
step onto the ice for the Brown-Princeton playoff game on March 5, I knew
that it was going to be a well called game and that the better team would
almost certainly win. That night Brown was the (slightly) better team,
defeating Princeton by one goal in a hard fought, well played game, in
which officiating did not play a (negative) part. Cole let the players
decide the outcome, and kept the game under control. The two coaches
seemed to respect his judgment. I saw little complaining coming from
either bench, even when Brown's Scott Bradford was assessed a game
disqualification penalty.

Luiz F. Valente
Brown University