From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 18:26:00 PST
I'm glad to see Bill Riley getting credit for all the positive things he did
with the UMass-Lowell program.
Without Riley, there's no Crowder.
This was an extremely successful Division II program under Riley, and he
took it to the next step.
People sometimes forget that before many of our successful coaches today,
someone else made that success possible.
Jack Vivian deserves some credit at Bowling Green.
Bill Selman and Frank Anzalone, who followed Ron Mason, deserve some credit
at Lake Superior State.
There are good coaches and there are program builders.
Billy Riley was both.
And a heck of a guy, too.
Steve Klein