From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 11:43:48 -0700
John Haeussler echoes some sentiments that arise occasionally from the
other leagues.  Isn't it obvious that the WHCA plays too many league games
relative to the total allowed?  IMHO, this is one of the big reasons why
college hockey does not spread more rapidly in popularity. Think of the
draw if some of the WCHA clubs would come east for the RPI tourney or the
Maine Dexter classic, or both!  I know there are costs involved, but it
seems to me, like HE and ECAC interweave, so could the WCHA and the CCHA.
BTW, what is the CCHA league game total this season compared to the 34?

ON another topic, I am getting a bit concerned about RPI'sincoming class.
As Ralph Baer has pointed out, they need about six forwards!  I see other
schools listing halfdozen letter of intent signees and so far RPI has one
with no name??? What gives?  I thought that Dan F was known for his
recruiting under the Buddy Powers regime?

> If the WCHA wants to play 32 conference games (which,
> IMO is too many given the NCAA's 34 game limit), the

Is it October yet?

Tony Buffa
RPI '64