From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 12:25:35 -0700
I'd like to thank those who posted from both Lake State and BU.  Reading
Hockey-L was the next best thing to being in Worcester.  I also think the
Lake State team deserves a lot of credit for how they handled the defeat,
obviously Jeff Jackson coaches championship behaviour as well as
championship teams.

One observation I'd like to make is that one BU player, Shawn Bates,
seems not to get the attention other players have gotten this year.
Bates was one of the few US juniors that impressed me in Alberta.  Grier
was playing hurt, so I don't draw conclusions from my in person
observations of him.

I admit I am a dinosaur who loves watching quick players with good wrist
shots.  Those who saw the Lake State game now know that Bates seemingly
impossible angle goal in the Hockey East tournament was no accident.  I
love watching that kid play.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!!