From:
Tarkington McMains <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tarkington McMains <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 1994 18:19:13 -0500
>Elliott made a rare miscue at the 13:48 mark, when he raced out past the
>left faceoff dot and gloved a loose puck before a streaking Rob Pattison
>could get to it.  Since he held onto it outside the crease, he was called
>for delay of game.  Interestingly enough, according to the _Cornell Daily
>Sun_, this play was legal in the junior league (in British Columbia) where
>Elliott played before joining the Big Red.  Well, as it turned out, there
>was no harm done, because Pattison was called for slashing at the same
>time.

I still think this was a god play.  When he actually covered the puck he wasn't
that far out of the crease that he might have gotten away with, but he came
out with such speed that he slid out another 10 feet before the whistle.  Also
the slash that was called was brutal, Pattison broke the shaft of his stick
over Elliott's head.  I think I noticed a cornell coach retrieve the stick
and take it to the locker room, it might be possible they want to show it
to the league.

>Doofus" cheer of a few years ago (when Parris was manning the net), Elliott
>also received the honor Saturday night of having his own custom-designed
>cheer, when some creative genius in Section D -- who should be duly
>recognized -- came up with this one in the third period:
>
>     (pointing to the Cornell goal) "Elliott!"
>     (pointing to the Vermont goal) "Idiot!"

I think I heard this come from section B, before from D, but it still was a
great cheer (the Doofus cheer was before my time, and a Jason cheer isn't
as good sounding as Eddy or Andy).

one other note, when I was playing last night I noticed that written in marker
on the penalty bench was "RESERVED DUFRESNE"  I don't remember how many
penalties he got over the weekend, but apparently someone is giving him a
hard time.

Tark McMains  --  Cornell University

Sharkin' it up 1994 -- Let's Go Red!