From:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 16:31:58 -0400
Friday night, MTU defeated Laurentian 8-3. It is doubtful that
Laurentian plays at the same level as our WCHA opponents; however,
I was struck by the aggressiveness of our Freshmen. It appears that
that Coach Mancini has recruited well to fill problematic areas
observed last year.  Goals were scored by seven different players
Friday. In addition, it was nice to see more than forty shots on
the opponent's net while they had half as many on ours. A good test
will be this week when we play both Ferris and Lake State.

It is also good to be at the bottom of the preseason polls this time
of the year. Any move is an improvement and may allow our young the
time to develop. Of course, in March, I hope the polls are saying
something else.

Walt Olson
MTU