From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 1994 16:01:27 -0400
Hi all,

  I've been having discussions with a lot of people lately and, due to the
fact that I am usually very informed, people have been bugging me about who
around the country will be good this year.
  Well, although I have VERY distinct opinions on Hockey East and some idea
about the ECAC, I consider my present knowledge about who's going to be good
in the WCHA and CCHA to be too limited to risk making a prediction at this
time.  (I'd rather make no prediction than a bad one)

  What I would like to ask is if those who consider themselves somewhat
knowledgeable about the conferences (what teams lost what and who they're
getting in) (ECAC, WCHA, and CCHA) could mail me a prediction or two on
who the top 4-5 teams in each conference will be WITH reasons if possible.
Add disclaimers as you wish (ex - RPI could be great, but it will all depend
on their goaltending situation).

  I'm not really looking for a national top 10, since most of us would have
no way to just randomly compare RPI with Western Michigan with Northeastern.

  You can mail them to me privately if you wish.

  Also, please don't waist long explanation (maybe a line if you want) on why
a team like Providence will finish ahead of UMass/Amherst.  Focus on the top
4-5 teams.

  Thank you very much.

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre