From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 02:22:44 -0400
For anyone out there who is completely dead to news, former Maine captain,
Jim Montgomery was traded to the Montreal Canadiens for veteran center,
Guy Carboneau (sp?).

Guy, 34, had been with the Canadiens since 1979.

Although age and $$$ played a major part in the trade (Montreal gets a younger
and cheaper center from St. Louis), it is very flattering to see Montgomery
traded for a center of Guy's calibre.  Based on this trade, it appears Montreal
feels Montgomery will be in the pro's for a while.

As someone who is a fan of Montgomery, this makes me very happy.  I love to
see all collegians (especially Hockey East guys) make it, Jim is someone who
especially earned my respect over his years at Maine.  I think in many
college hockey circles, he will always be known as "Mr. Clutch" for his
natural hat trick in the third period of the championship game vs. LSSU in
1993.  He was one of those rare on-ice generals who understood the game
better than most coaches.

Enough of my bablings...

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre