From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 14:23:55 -0500
Greg Berge writes:
>When BU lost the 90 (?) final to Colgate, the game
>was on Boston TV 38.  I assume that the BU semi
>(and if appropriate the final) will be on again,
>though I have no confirmation.
>
>I further assume that TV 38 will ignore Harvard,
>as usual.

The 1990 games were live on FOX in Boston, channel 25.  That was Colgate's
semifinal win over BU and Wisconsin's semifinal win over BC.  Channel
25 showed the DivI championship game between Colgate and Wisconsin live
on a Sunday afternoon while ESPN showed it on a one week tape delay
the following Saturday night.  The announcement that the game would be
shown, delayed, the following week on ESPN drew a loud chorus of boos
inside the Civic Center when it was announced.

This year, Prime has the semifinals Thursday.  NESN plans to pick up
Prime's coverage.  I believe the Harvard-LSSU game will be shown live
and the BU-Minnesota evening game will be shown on tape delay.

WSBK-TV38 hasn't shown a BU playoff game at least since 1986 (as long
as I can remember).  But they did show Harvard's 1989 semifinal win over
MSU live from St Paul, so Harvard is up 1-0 on BU as far as channel 38
goes.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93