From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 14:08:36 -0500
Heading into the Final Four, BU seems to be playing its best hockey of
the season - certainly better than I thought they'd be playing at this
point.

BU has not allowed more than 3 goals in the 13 games since they lost
in the Beanpot to Harvard, except for the HE quarterfinal where Maine
scored 5 - and it was 7-3, I believe, before Maine pulled the goalie and
scored two with the extra man.

In those last 13 games, BU has shutout the opp 3 times, allowed 1 goal
3x, and allowed 2 goals 4x.  7 of those 13 games were against teams
that made the DivI tournament, and 4 more were against Maine.

So the Terriers are 12-0-1 in their last 13, and I believe they have
played the toughest schedule in the country over that stretch.  They've
scored 64 goals and allowed 22, an average score of 4.92 to 1.69.

Here are similar numbers for all four teams:

============LAST 13 GAMES============
TEAM       W-L-T  GF-GA  #TOURNEY OPP
BU        12-0-1  64-22       7
LSSU      10-1-2  58-21       4
Harvard   10-1-2  57-32       3
Minnesota  9-3-1  56-42       3

That's just information.  Do with it what you will.  I didn't realize
how impressive BU had been lately until I looked at this.  I
especially didn't think they'd had almost the same GAA as LSSU.
However, I do not think it is just coincidence that this blazing
streak started just when BU's injury woes came to an end.

Newbies can put away their blowtorches; I am not a BU fan.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93