Sender:
From:
Matthew Glaccum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 1994 16:18:42 -0700
The Arizona IceCats swept DePaul this weekend in ACHA play.  After a 13-4
trouncing Friday night, DePaul went down last night by an 11-5 score in a game
played in Chicago.  Steve Hutchings led the IceCats with four goals followed
by Dan Divjak who had the hat trick.

Arizona (21-2) outshot DePaul 55-28.

Coach Leo Golembiewski has a problem, though; the team is currently down to 4
healthy defenseman at this point.  Chris Noga separated his shoulder in
Friday's game...

Note:  From what I understand, Golembiewski traditionally recruits from the
Midwest; playing DePaul, which I think is a Div II ACHA team thus presented
more of an opportunity to showcase the hockey team for those interested in
IceCat hockey.  And yes, Golembiewski subscribes to the philosophy of using
U.S. talent exclusively...

Matt Glaccum '92  RPI

Let's Go Red!