Sender:
From:
Robert Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1993 16:50:36 -0500
Mike provided some rules information from the NC$$ regarding goaltenders
serving major penalties...I read the rule, but it still seems kind of
hazy.
I remember during the first period of the BU-Dartmouth game last season
at Hanover, BU goalie Scott Cashman incurred a 10-minute misconduct about
5 minutes into the game. To my surprise, Cashman went to the box and sat
out the 10 minutes. Coach Jack Parker pulled backup goalie J.P. McKersie
right off the bench and put him in the goal. I believe McKersie played
the rest of the period and Cashman came back for the 2nd and 3rd periods.
I was under the impression that even for 10 minute major penalties, a
a substitute player could go to the box if the penalty was assessed against
the goalie.  Can anyone (Mike?) clear this up? The rule seems to support
my original impression...maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

-Sid Whitaker
 BU '95
 WBZ News Radio 1030 Boston