Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1993 10:52:00 PST
Jim Love writes:
>John H. writes:
>> If [Shields] does sit for the next four games, he could break the NC$$
DivI
>> victory record at the CCHA-WCHA Challenge.  He is one win away from tying
>> that mark and four wins short of tying the CCHA record.
>
>  How can this be ??  If Shields needs only 1 victory to tie the NC$$ DivI
>victory record, how can he need an additional three more to tie the CCHA
>record ??  Does the CCHA record include non-DivI games, i.e., most
victories
>while wearing a sweater from a CCHA school, regardless of opponent ??  Just
>curious ....

Conference records include regular season conference games only.  Hence,
while the NC$$ record is 88, the CCHA is much lower (something in the
low-60s if I recall).  Shields has won a lot of games in the post-season, at
the GLI and versus non-conference opponents, therefore he's actually closer
to setting the national record than the conference record.

  John H
  U Mich