Sender:
From:
"Charles M. Shub" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1993 12:56:36 MST
* Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 11:45:06 -0600
* From: Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
* Subject: Re: UAF affiliation
* To: Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L

Tom Rowe writes:

> Is Woog serious?  If Fairbanks is one additional hour away from Anchorage,
> what *percentage* increase in travel time is that?  But more to the point,
> ifyou travel 9 hours or 10 hours, either you study during travel that day or
> you don't study at all that day.  Get real!

erik replies:

> OK, that's what I get for paraphrasing from memory.  Coach Woog appears to
> be concerned about the effects of making two trips per season to Alaska
> rather than one.

With UAF, the wcha would then be big enough that an unbalanced
schedule would be dictated where there's a 2 home and one away.  if
the WCHA is clever enough to schedule things right, the midwest and
colorado members could do one trip every other year and 2 trips every
other year.  The one trip year would involve playing one alaska team friday
and the other alaska team saturday kinda like the ECAC does now with
the "travel partner" scheme.  That leaves room for the WCHA to grow to
as many as a dozen teams, should they so choose.

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369