Sender:
From:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1993 14:39:09 -0500
I think it would be great to have UAF in the WCHA. Having been a
professor at UAF, I can tell you that Fairbanks and Anchorage are
both great hockey towns. Fairbanks is less than an hour from
Anchorage flying over some of the world's most beautiful scenery
including Denali. I have lived in both cities and can tell you
that both would show great hospitality to visiting teams. The
temperature outside might be -60 in Fairbanks but the crowds
would be warm. In my experience, attendence for hockey games was always
2 to 3 thousand, even on the coldest days.  Anchorage isn't quite that
cold but the hospitality would just as warm.

Walt Olson