Sender:
From:
Shane Kingry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1993 11:06:13 -0800
On Fri, 12 Nov 1993, Erik Biever wrote:

> Tom Rowe writes:
>
> >Is Woog serious?  If Fairbanks is one additional hour away from Anchorage,
> >what *percentage* increase in travel time is that?  But more to the point,
> >ifyou travel 9 hours or 10 hours, either you study during travel that day
> or >you don't study at all that day.  Get real!
>
> OK, that's what I get for paraphrasing from memory.  Coach Woog appears to
> be concerned about the effects of making two trips per season to Alaska
> rather than one.

i usually end not to get involved in these battles, but i would think that
if anchorage (and possible fairbanks) have to make nine trips OUT of
alaska each year, then each of the other teams making a mear two trips TO
alaska year isn't that bad relativily...IMHO.  then again, maybe i'm
missing some big concpet here...

in addition, if fairbanks were to enter the league, then a new schedule
would have to be revised, and maybe every team wouldn't have to come twice
every year...and...then uaa and uaf could continue their rivalry since
they would hopefully have more then two games a piece to play with...i'm
sorry, but these are simple the two best games of the season.... ;-)

besides, it makes more logical since to have uaf in the wcha then the ccha
to me anyway.  (nothing against the ccha eric...)

shane