Sender:
From:
Shane Kingry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1993 17:20:00 -0700
On Tue, 26 Oct 1993, John Haeussler wrote:

>   Nationally, only the Minnesota and Wisconsin programs turn
> substantial profits.  The Golden Gophers generate more than
> $750,000, and the the Badgers approach the $1 million mark.  Each
> brings in additional revenues from television contracts.

>   "Hockey will never be the type of sport like football and
> basketball that pay for other sports.  I think we'd be better off

I know that UAA doesn't make as much as the Golden Gophers or the Badgers,
but I know that they do make quite a significant amount in profits, and
that those profits are then used to cover all the losses from the rest of
the sports...

In addition, this was when UAA was paying for the teams to come to ALaska.
Now that they are in the WCHA, how does that work?  Does each team pay for
their own transportation?

I figure that they ought to make more this year since every season ticket
has sold, and this implys that MOST LIKELY, every game will be sold out
also since last year, the only games that really didn't sell out were
the couple against Div III or Canadian teams.

Anyway, just thought I'd add my $.02

Shane
HOWL!