Sender:
From:
"David M. Josselyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1993 18:55:03 -0400
On Wed, 27 Oct 1993, Patrick Blake wrote
> From:  Sorry in Florida...
>
> The Bangor Daily News (last week), printed a piece entitled:
>
> "The top 10 reasons why Paul Kariya should stay at Maine"

That does sound interesting.  As a college grad it's easy to see the
advantages of staying on for an education.  On the other hand . .
injuries, lost revenue, etc.  However, Maine is a university and
education should come first.

> If anyone is interested in it let me know and I'll post it here.
> Or just maybe, no one will deem this interesting at all.In which case I
> will post nothing.

I'd be interested in seeing the article.  Since graduating from Merrimack
I'm trying my best to keep up on HEA.  If the rest of the list doesn't
seem interested, and you don't mind the work, you could email it to me at

BTW, as a Merrimack student (and former college paper editor covering
HEA) I can see why some wouldn't mind seeing Kariya leave college hockey
a bit early.  He was clearly a dominant player in nearly every game last
year.  But it'd be sad to see HEA or any of the other college hockey
conferences become a minor league for the pros the way it is in B-ball
and football, IMHO.  It *shouldn't* be just about big bucks.  This is
*college* hockey, and as much as we all love to see alumni and local kids
"make good" in the NHL, the degree should come first.

Just my $.02.

David Josselyn

GO MERRIMACK!  GO ARGUS!