Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1992 13:57:24 EDT
Two items:

1) I saw in the paper over the weekend that (now former) BC goalie Scott
 LaGrand has signed, I believe with the Philadelphia Flyers.  LaGrand had
 one year of eligibility left.  This leaves BC with two sophomore goalies,
 Josh Singewald and Mike Sparrow, who saw somewhat limited action behind
 LaGrand as freshmen last season.

2) Brown hired former Dartmouth asst. Jamie Rice as asst. to Bob Gaudet;
 Rice and recently-hired Brian Durocher will replace Scott Borek and Brian
 McCloskey who left to be head coach at Colby (DivIII) and asst. at UNH
 respectively.  McCloskey's wife practices law in Maine and so his commute
 to Providence was an extraordinarily long one when he was at Brown.

- mike